Glow worm betacom 30c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Betacom 30c boiler, I’m turning on the central heating after 8 months.

Once on the boiler is on it heats all the radiators and continues to heat the radiators and they get very very hot but unfortunately the boiler continues in this form and the guage goes from 1 to 4 very slowly then turns off. By then the boiler clearly over heats as do the radiators…..

The lights on the front don’t light up red (30, 40,50,60 etc), only green light remains on.

I’ve been advised by a friend after his had a look and said it could be the flow sensor?

Any advice please?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sounds like a few things wrong with it, might be best an engineer or fpr from Glow worm.

Thanks CBW - I’ve been advised to change the complete diverter valve, clean the heat exchanger and the boiler over heating could be the flow sensor that needs changing?

I want to change the boiler for a new one but just want a few months out of it till new one probably in march….

What do you think?

Sponsored Links
I’m not up to speed on many breakdowns, but I wouldn’t think a flow sensor could cause overheating, nor a diverter, unless stuck.

Thanks cbw..

I believe the explanation I was given the boiler was not signalling or communicating with pcb board as the lights 30,40,50 at the front-where not going up or lighting up, the boiler just kept working without turning off and getting hotter and hotter…

The pcb board is ok…

I’m just a little confused hence trying to get a second opinion on what to do…

Last edited:
I’m just a little confused hence trying to get a second opinion on what to do…
Parts really needs tested to check if they are working or not in the first place. Fitting new parts without testing rarely turns out well. Unless you have an person in front of it who can tell by experience.

Reactions: CBW
Hey Alec

It’s a friend of mine that did the diagnostics, he said the board was fine just the sensors were not sending signals to pcb board….

It’s a 13 year old betacom 30c boiler, I was just in two minds whether or not to get an engineer to fix it as I’m getting a new boiler in march - but it’s cold.

My water is luke warm and the boiler is sending warm water to the radiators when I switch the taps on, hence the diverter valve change…

Just weighing up whether it’s worth paying couple hundred quid to repair….

♂️

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back