Glow Worm boiler won't switch off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I've done some reading of other threads before I wrote this but the nearest I can find that meets my issue is this
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=161598

However, it's not exactly the same problem. So.....

I have a Glow Worm Hide Away boiler, which I imagine is pretty old anyway. When i went to bed last night I noticed that heating was on (despite it not being timed to come on) and it has stayed on all night, ignoring any preset time settings.

The only way I could shut the heating off was to close down the boiler by either switching off the pump, turning off the boiler or switching off the control panel (whic controls the timings etc).

Sorry for the basic description but I'm not a plumber and so learning as I go along.

Having done some reading of an old DIY manual, could this be a servo motor problem? Could it also be something else?

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
:D Maybe? But it's been colder recently, without doing it :confused: Will switch it back on for the rest of the date and monitor then

Sponsored Links
Sadly the post you point to is about a combi boiler, nothing at all like yours.

Have you got any zone valves fitted? If so it will probably be one of these with a sticking microswitch if not a frost stat problem.

Is the boiler in a garage or the like, or indoors?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back