Glow worm combi pilot fails once pump is running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, My boiler is a Glow Worm Swift Flow 75...the pilot light can be ignited ok, but as soon as I turn the gas control valve from the ignition setting to the normal setting, and the CH is switched on (the pump then starts), the pilot light goes out. There is then an audible click after approx 10 secs.

The pressure this morning was 0, so I have increased that to 1 bar. Any ideas/advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to reset this boiler? I heard that if the pressure dropped to 0 the boiler may have locked out(?) and so one of the boards has a logic fault...? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

You asked for advise, Kev gave you it. Do you not believe him or do you choose to ignore him.

Sponsored Links
Correct. I did ask for advice, and Kev advised me. Sorry but I didn't realise I could only ask one question. I'll choose to ignore your comments however as I don't think they are in the spirit of this forum.

Bye bye,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back