glow worm compact 100e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi please help if you can!!!

I have a glow worm compact 100e combi boiler, it is about 5 years old. On Wednesday evenint it decided not to work!! No hot water or c.h. When demand is called for either water or ch, fan comes on, various parts whizz and click but there is no spark to ignite the gas.
The air pressure switch seems to be working, pipes not blocked and power getting to it.
I thought it wes the pcb so paid £102, fitted it but still the same problem.

Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Is the pressure showing about 1 Bar?

Have a look at the little test point on top of the boiler (back right). Is the blanking cap still in place?

I suggest you put your old board back in. You can't just replace the board as there are many settings to adjust with a new board.

Sponsored Links
Pressure is 1 bar, blanking cap is on and I will put old board back in the morning, i'm too cold to do it now. :(

Check the continuity of the overheat stat, that the aps signal is getting back to the board, and the ignition leads/electrode.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back