Glow Worm Energy 30S F75 fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Awoke this morning to a cold house and a Glowworm Energy 30S boiler showing an F75 error code which would indicate a pressure or pressure sensor issue. When I restart the boiler the pressure shows 0.6b for about 30 seconds before going into error, one video online implied it would show 1.5b as default before erroring of the sensor was faulty so hopefully it's just low pressure, but I can't figure out how to increase the pressure as the pipe setup is different to any videos I can find. The boiler controls the heating and is connected to a water tank that controls hot water, the hot water still works. I think I need to open the valve on the right side of the boiler but I can't get it to budge. Further down that pipe there is a small offshoot pipe with a what looks like a black valve attached, with markings on the side for different pressures, that valve turns about half turn in either direction from its current point but doesn't seem to do anything. On both sides of that valve there is a small red button/slider thing that is currently at the top pointing at 0.1b but I can't get it to move either so not sure what that does There is also a maze of other pipes and valves as well.

It was -3 last night so a frozen release pipe is also a possibility but I can't get to it to check as it's on the roof. Can anyone confirm the valve on the right going into the boiler is the one I need to try and turn (think I just need to locate a better screwdriver) and hopefully that will sort it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20220211_100005.jpg
    IMG_20220211_100005.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_20220211_100015.jpg
    IMG_20220211_100015.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 164
Sponsored Links
You need to keep looking, you’re looking for a braided hose connected, or x2 valves with handles (if that’s what’s been used). Photos of what you have are not related to the filling loop. F75 if related to the Vaillant boiler code (same group) is likely a pressure sensor fault. This will probably need the services of a gas safe registered engineer.

Thanks for the reply. Found it hiding in a dark corner to the side of the boiler, don't know how I didn't spot it before. I topped up for about 15 seconds, restarted the boiler and it still said 0.6b, I then topped it up a bit more to see if it would increase and it didn't but surprisingly it didn't go into a fault code, and then fired up when I turned the heating on. Checked after a few mins and it is now reading 0.9b so it might be ok after all

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Checked after a few mins and it is now reading 0.9b so it might be ok after all
I doubt it, but at least you’re working again :D

Edit: just looked this up, similar to Vaillant, so engage with a gas safe registered engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back