Glow worm EP30B Central Heating not working hot water is ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem:

pilot light is lit and is fine
Turn hot water on using programmer and burner starts and water is hot from taps all seems ok. When I turn on the central heating there is a delay before burner lights up but when it does it immediately goes out again?

Room thermostat is at maximum

Anybody who can point me in the right direction or has heard/seen this before your help and advice would be much appreciated

cheers

Sponsored Links
After no one replying to help I spoke to a friend and one thing he mentioned was the diverter valve.

As the boiler was working to heat the water the diverter was my next port of call.

Diverter is in two parts the actuator which controls the valve and the brass bodied valve itself.

I removed the actuator (just 2 holding bolts), and tried to start the boiler at this point it started fine...instantly! as it should. I turned my attention to the valve, the valve which was stiff initially but after a few turns became easier to move.

My suspicion was that it was either the actuator or the valve had gone, I re-attached the actuator and attempted to start the central heating again low and behold it worked and is still working.

I can only think that the valve had sot stuck or seized for whatever reason.....will keep an eye on it :D

Hope this explanation helps someone else especially with the cold weather coming

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back