Glow-worm Fuelsaver 35 F - pilot light keeps going out!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Glow-worm Fuelsaver 35F boiler, which fires up then goes out after about 1 min. It does relight after a while but then goes out again after a further minute.

It seems like it is overheating or thinks it is so cuts out.

I have checked the pump and im fairly sure its ok (Though it does keep running after the pilot light goes out - is this normal ?)

Any Ideas ? Could it be a faulty thermostat

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
If you have normal circulation, the boiler shouldn't get hot enough in one minute, to overheat.
So I'd check that rad valves are open, the system is all bled of air and the water supply is ok, then see if the pump is getting the heat away from the boiler.

Hi,

All the valves are open, the system is bled and ive checked the water supply which seems to be ok

In the minute it works I can feel the pipes getting hot either side of the pump (which I think rules out the pump - I could be wrong !), then the pipes go cold as soon as the boiler cuts out.

Is it possible the overheating thermosat maybe faulty, causing the boiler to think its overheating when its not ?

Cheers,

Steve

I'll assume you have a 3 port or 2 2 port zone valves fitted.

If so, assuming the pump is ok, open these manually with the lever on them and try again.

You could even have a pump that is spinning but not circulating, or just running very slow as it is worn out.

Sponsored Links
When it goes out can you see a spark or hear it trying to relight?? or does it just stop demand and the fan stop.

Stan

There is no spark and it doesn't try to relight when it goes out, it just stops along with the fan.

It will then light again after a while (say 5 mins) but goes out again after a minute.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back