Glow worm Swift Flow 100e not firing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Combi-Boiler not firing?

Glow worm Swift Flow 100e

I think it was installed in 99 so not that old. When turning HW or CH on the boiler kicks into life as such but I think the actual heating part of it doesnt spark into life, there is no flame or whatever it is? Therefore NO HW or CH

Sorry Im not very technical but just any clue as to what this could be would be helpful at least then I can get someone in to solve it if possible?

Thanks in advance.

I have searched but not found anything specific - just things about a fan?

Sponsored Links
m000 said:
Combi-Boiler not firing?

Glow worm Swift Flow 100e

I think it was installed in 99 so not that old. When turning HW or CH on the boiler kicks into life as such but I think the actual heating part of it doesnt spark into life, there is no flame or whatever it is? Therefore NO HW or CH

Sorry Im not very technical but just any clue as to what this could be would be helpful at least then I can get someone in to solve it if possible?

Thanks in advance.

I have searched but not found anything specific - just things about a fan?

start from the beginning with the hot tap on what does the boiler do

Thanks for the reply.

I switch the HW on I can hear the boiler coming on but it doesnt come on all the way in that the 'flame' doesnt start in the little glass window? This is the same when I turn the CH onto constant. It sounds as though it needs that final push for the flame to come on and actually start heating the water.

Sponsored Links
Check system pressure and if OK check continuity across pressure switch

Thanks for all your replies.

Had a CORGI guys in yesterday not sure what he did,but it seems to be firing now... ??

No parts replaced as such, I think the only thing he did was tighten the pipe(?) away from the fan.

Hoping it doesnt konk out again this week....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back