Glow Worm SwiftFlow 100 Pressure increasing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have a Glow Worm SwiftFlow 100 and the pressure slowly increases throughtout the day with me ending up releasing the pressure via a radiator blead valve, as far as I can tell the fill tap is closing properly so I don't think it is that because whenever the fan is running at full speed you hear what sounds like a trickle of water from within, Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
try disconnecting filling loop to prove it is fault free, dont just think it.
If pressure still keeps rising h/ex pregnant

Thanks Mick but to add to my previous post the pressure does not increase whilst the boiler is off, the pressure only increases whilt the boiler is running. I assume if it was the fill loop the pressure would rise consistantly boiler on or off? Yesterday morning pressure was at .5bar this was steady all day untill heating kicked in, cold this morning it is reading 1.8bar. Any Ideas?

Expansion vessel needs recharging empty boiler then pump expansion vessel up to 1 bar

Sponsored Links
As above

but first press the pin in valve to check you dont get water coming out due to split diaphram in the vessel ;)

Thanks for the info people, could someone just advise me of the proper procedure to drain the boiler, Much Appreciated

I drained the Boiler pumped up the expansion vessel, re-pressurised and whoopee no pressure increase Thanks to everyone but I know have another problem
Heating working perfectly but the hot water won't kick in. When I turn on the hot tap I get a loud clicking from the boiler but no green running light. This is the same sound I used to get if you dont turn the hot tap on far enough. If I try it with the heating on I get hot water but the same sound. Thanks In advance for any suggestions

Left hand side of boiler just below combustion chamber. On the pipe is a brass flow switch about 3 inches long with 2 wires coming from it. This is what brings the water on, it is sticking give it a couple of sharp taps this usually frees them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back