Glow worm ultracom 30cxi No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a glowworm 30cxi boiler and I did noticed I do not have a hot water. Filled the bath up and it was fine. Then after 15 min turned hot water back on and nothing. Went out to check on the boiler and F1 fault appear. I did reset it and pressure is ok. Turned heating on and works fine. Then I’ve opened hot water tap (temp set to 40C on the boiler) and on boiler screen next to the temp displayed I can see how hard boiler is working (in fire type looking icons) it was on full power For a few sec then stopped for a few sec and its like that (on and off).
I was wondering if this is diverter valve(cartridge)? I did some work on a boiler before like changing pump, water heat exchange. not an expert so don’t want to buy anything until I have some rough idea what this issue might be.
Will be grateful for any help and ideas.

regards,
Rad

Sponsored Links
F1 states ignition fault, so no idea why you think diverter cartridge. Maybe get a gas safe registered engineer to work on your boiler.

I agree but after resetting a boiler its fine. Well… central heating is working fine. Boiler fires up but no hot water.
Maybe plate heat exchanger. replaced one 4 years ago as it was full of limescale due to hard water in Suffolk.
Just thinking…. Ignition fault yes but its fine after reset.

When hot tap is open the water is running but hot/warm to start with and then cold

thanks,
Rad

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back