Glow worm Xtrafast Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All..
Got an intermittent issue with my Glow worm Xtrafast 96 combi boiler.
When the heating system first starts up (morning or eve) a little red triangle flashes and a symbol of a Fan in an upside down funnel shape flashes (excuse the non-technical desption!). Now I've looked up the fault code in the manual and it gives the explanation of 'No Fault'!! Really useful fault code huh?
All it takes to get it working is a small tap anywhere on the unit and away she goes and works fine from that point onwards. But because it takes such a small 'nudge' to get it working it's almost impossible to perform any diagnostics or fiddling within the unit without inadvertantly getting it fired up. This is happening once every 3-4 days.

Any ideas?.......you guys have been so helpful in the past I'm hoping you can help me again. Keep up the good work, I certainly appreciate it.
Many thanks in advance.

Marco
PS.. URL to manual (Page 27):
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/products/pdf/discontinued/boilers/xtrafast-96-120.pdf

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back