Glowworm Ultracom 18sxi 0.4 bar fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Glow Worm Ultracom 18sxi system and it has just gone off on its own.

0.4 bar just flashes on the display. I have pressed the reset button on the system and it then tries to fire up and fluctuates between 0.4 and 0.5 bar briefly but never fires up.

After doing some investigation myself, I've found the following note on page 11.

http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/products/pdf/current/Ultracom_sxi_user_manual.pdf

Any ideas on how I can resolve it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably needs re pressurising.

Not sure if the filling loop is built in, if it's not you should have a filling loop somewhere.

Filling loop will probably be external on this.

Pressurise to 1.2 Bar and all will be ok.

dave is right. normaly fit the flexicom (which has an integral filling loop). However fitted my first ultracom the other day it does not have an integral filling loop. You need to find the loop it should be near the bioler, however found them in wierd places. The loop is a silver braided hose. Boiler will not start until att least 0.5 bar, put up to 1.2 bar and all should be fine

Sponsored Links
Ultracom does have built in filling loop, look under boiler and you will see two taps one on left and one on right through holes in plastic cover, if you turn both of these 90 degrees your system pressure will rise.

Ultracom does have built in filling loop, look under boiler and you will see two taps one on left and one on right through holes in plastic cover, if you turn both of these 90 degrees your system pressure will rise.

its the sxi, not cxi, there is no built in filling loop.......read, think, type ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back