Gloworm 30ci loses pressure constantly...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Gloworm 30ci combi-boiler is causing me a severe headache, i have looked at other answers on the forum and my issue seems to be a combination of problems !!

It is constantly losing pressure and dropping below 0.6 bar so the red light flashes. However when i refill it from the valve it takes for ever to bring it back up and when the green light does come back on it sounds like it is fizzing or a lot of bubbles are in the system as the water in boiler moves. It then starts to work but the pressure release valve starts dripping almost immediately even when it is only at 0.7 or 0.8 bar as I check by turning the heating back off. I have also checked the pipe coming out the wall of the house when it is heating up and that is dripping also.

Any ideas ? if the circuit has a leak somewhere it must be so small as I can't feel liquid on the rad valves and no leak is showing on the downstairs ceiling. Is it the expansion vessel ? PRV ?? help !!

Sponsored Links
you have identified the problem yourself if the PRV is dripping then that is where your pressure is going

Yes, but is it faulty though ? why would it drip water almost as soon as I refill it to get the pressure up ? I cannot get the boiler to 1 bar without leaving the heating on and the filler tap open, which causes the PRV to drip constantly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, would that cause a mis-read on the digital display so the boiler will switch off even though there is no issue with the actual pressure ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back