leak on a gloworm 30ci

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my gloworm 30ci at the moment has a bucket underneath as its dripping out water the drips get worse or speed up if i use the hot taps. My plumber can't come til end next week, will my boiler be ok left with this leak til then??? The pressure has dropped from 1.5 to 1.2 since saturday. Then today after heating had gone off i noticed the boiler making a noise went to check and found it starting up as if heating or hot water were in use, then cutting out and starting up again and cutting out all while no heating or hot water were in use???? But the warning light wasn't on. I turned boiler completely off left for a few mins then turned back on and so far it hasn't done any strange trying start up and going off again. Can anyone tell me why this might have happened and what to do if it happens again?

Sponsored Links
The leak may well be on the dhw side of things.There is a modified hydroblock for this fault.Horrible part to fit and not cheap.Try turning off the cold water feed to the boiler to see if your leak stops.Only guessing as really need to be with boiler. Should be ok to use as boiler will not operate under .5bar if the leak is on heating side.If this model has a preheat then it may explain the stop start.

thanks for the reply Just adding that as of this morning i now have no hot water . I had hot water and heating yesterday but today all of a sudden i do have heating but no hot water. I even switched heating off for a bit then ran hot tap to see if boiler started and i got some hot but water but nothing. The boiler doesn't even attempt to come on to heat the water?? I had the heat exchange changed for a new one in september and system was due to be de-sludged next week, but now i have this leak that will have to be done first. Do you think the heat exchange is the problem because it hasn't already been de-sludged???? It's just next week was the earliest the plumber could come do it and i didn't think it would matter as its not that long since having the heat exchange done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back