Gloworm 30Ci - Water discharge from pipe outside house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi please could i ask for some advice on a problem we have.

We have a Glowworm 30Ci combi boiler.

Unit was working fine then the pressure dropped down to 0, we can't find any leaks inside the house, no water stains or drips anywhere. All pipework run in upstairs floor voids.

We refilled the system and it repressurised but kept dropping.

We noticed that water is flowing from the external 15mm copper pipe outside the house at the back of the boiler.

We reperssurised again the boiler fires up ok hater water and or heating seem fine but then the pressure drops again very quickly and the system turns off.

I cant find an answer to this particular problem but will keep looking but if anyone has any advice we really appreciate.

Sponsored Links
Be prepared that the vessel hose is blocked and it can be a PITA to replace/clean out.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for your help

Had a friend of a friend out the expansion vessel is fine (phew £230 plus need to remove the boiler from the wall to replace) seems to be the pressure release valve is the likely suspect but there was a bit of head scratching swapping of bits. PRV scrapped and cleaned
Any road the boiler is working ok for now so at least we can keep warm and shower.

Will try to get replacement PRV tomorrow also the auto air valve which seemed to have a leak, both reasonably cheap parts and easy for me to fit

Will then be a process of elimination but beyond these parts the prices get very high

Again thanks again for you help and advice happy new year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back