Gloworm 30cxi fluctuating hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has been going on for sometime, only way to get consistent hot water is to fill bath with handshower.
Anyway most of the time im able to have a shower ok, for some reason when the misses gets in there with the kids it switches to cold! Who knows... anyway panic and drama aside, any ideas why the boiler all a sudden kicks out cold water or fails to keep sending hot water, can the divertor just drop out all a sudden?

Ive taken a look in there, i take it, the diverter is actuated by solenoid or something similar, by a pressure drop in the hot water feed, indicating a demand for a hot?

So... pressure sensor or diverter faulty?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

This happened to me, It was the divertor valve actuator that caused the problem, it is a black unit that attaches to your divertor valve. I got one on Ebay for £20 and got the engineer to fit it. Watched him doing it and it took ten minutes, was very easy. there is no interference with gas parts so can be done yourself if you have a bit of technical know how.

Bobby

Well thanks Bobsa31 ive just fitted a new Actuator (basically a solenoid in plastic housing) and i have constant piping hot water, seems better flow as well, which is nice. Took me oooh all of 60seconds to fit, only good thing about this piece of sh't boiler is all the modular parts clip together with stainless circlips, easy life.

Now the interesting bit, i shopped around alot for the part, and the price, wow it varied a hell of alot. Up to £155!!!! Yes, even my local boiler supplies told me oohhh expensive part that £90 trade knocked them to £75 and then they folded.
I managed to get it for £35+vat from these guys, ordered over web about 1pm and it was at my door next day (£8pnp) and i live in Dorset, and they're far up t'north.

For anyone else finding this thread
Glow worm 30cxi Actuator part no. is 2000801912

Supplied by www.ezypart.co.uk for £35+vat. I recommend you check this place first for boiler spare prices, they've wipped every other place i enquired at by a good margin, there's alot of variation in price out there!!!!

Sponsored Links
I also have a GW 30 CXI. Can I ask if this is the same problem as mine?

When I shower, after a few mins, the hot water runs cold. I turn off, wait for a minute, then it runs hot again. This can happen twice during a shower. Hot taps also run cold or fluctuate if running for a few mins.

Are these the same symptoms as yours. An economic fix would be a godsend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back