Gloworm 30si boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gloworm 30si boiler that didn't come on this morning.

When I checked it, the pressure had dropped to 0.4 barr of pressure and the red light was flashing. I topped the system up however water started to come out of what seems to be an overflow pipe at the bottom of the unit.

Any idea what may be causing this problem

Sponsored Links
it is back down to 0.4 barr but the red light is still flashing and the system wont kick in

the water is probably coming out of the filling loop disconnector, its a well known fault and it sounds like the water isnt gettting through to the boiler when you are trying to refill it.

i have managed to fill these before by blocking up the disconnector but it can be a messy job, doesnt always work and its far from a permanent fix.

you really need to get someone to replace the disconnector. its easy and shouldnt cost a great deal.

Sponsored Links
The SI range has not got a filling loop built in it will flash red because of low water i would check the prv and expansion vessel pressure

gasgeezer said:
The SI range has not got a filling loop built in it will flash red because of low water i would check the prv and expansion vessel pressure

my mistake... i misread it

Just remembered the flexi-tube to the exp. vess. block on these to and gives the same symptom of a faulty exp. vess.

Yes..lots of blocked flexis to expansion on these, but this usually manifests itself as pressurising to 1 bar when cold..then blowing it all out through PRV when hot as it whizzes up to 3 bar as expansion vessel can't work. Sounds like you can't even fill this one at all

Check boiler drain is not open. Exactly where is this water pouring out from?. On the CI they do drip a bit when you fill them, but its a seperate filling loop on Si so should not be a problem.

Alfredo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back