Gloworm 35cxi boiler failed

its not that bad a boiler. Not the greatest but not as bad as some would have you believe. It was very popular and there are many around so by probability there will be a few people around with a horror story to tell.
I would normally however recommend an external filling loop is fitted as the internal one is problematic.
Also as with any combi its important the system water is decent quality and reasonably clean. Both the posts you quoted have had problems relating to system quality(F14(blocked plate he) and diverter valve problems).

Sponsored Links
OKay so i fitted a new disconnector valve, charged system up and hey presto, Boiler is back in business.

Just one more issue is the hot water, if i run it at basin, it's red hot, but at bath or shower its warm but not like it was a few months ago, ie i can't run a hot bath now.

Could this be a faulty divertor or perhaps heatexchanger?

thanks.

you need to check what flow rate and temp you get at each outlet just to make sure its a boiler fault not to do with some other plumbing issue. It could be the plate he if the hw is poor though, they do block up easy on these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back