GLOWORM 75 SIT COMBI BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had to replace the prv on this boiler and now find that the pressure keeps dropping and rising to 3 bar, just short of where the prv should blow. I think that I need to do something to the expansion vessel with a pump but there is nothing in the manual that I have. Is this something I can do and can anyone tell me how?

Thanks,

Frosty

Sponsored Links
Yep. Search the forum! Basically let the pressure out of the ch system, pump the pressure vessel air to say 0.7 bar/10psi, and refill the water til the gauge says 0.7-1 bar.

I can see a small blue bulbous tank on the left of the boiler but no nipple on it, go on, tell me its round the back and you have to remove boiler or something equally drastic.

Thanks

Frosty

Suggest you get a heating engineer round to carry out a full service AS PER THE MANUAL.

Sponsored Links
Well I'm sorry but I thought that was one of the purposes of this site and others like it. If It's possible to do it myself, I would like to. What I'm asking is how and how is not necassarily "getting a heating enginner round" unless I cannot or am not allowed to.

Thanks

Frosty

i am not a plumber or heating engineer, but as i see it, as with most tasks, unless you KNOW what you are doing then don't do it. boilers can be a pain, not to mention dangerous, to service a boiler means you need to check the gas "dept"* of it, to touch gas, you MUST be corgi registered

this forum is here to help with things like, move rad, new pipes, taps, loo's etc, not servicing a boiler

* can not think of correct word

Breezer, I've read a lot of your posts and realised that you are endowed,like me, with the gift of common sense. The situation is ongoing and I have now discovered where the expansion vessel is but as I could not see how I could gain access to it I got a plumber friend of a friend round, he was happy to come round (corgi registered) and showed me how I might get access to be able to pump the vessel :) ,,but he didn't think that was what was causing the problem. His remarked that the thermo coupling was aging and needed replacing and as I had replaced the fan and mended one (sealed unit) I would have no problem doing the thermocoupler. He went away not knowing what my problem was but promised to investigate and get back to me with advice and /or help because he found it of interest as he had not come across this before and he felt he would benefit from it, now please take it from me, this guy is good yet he doesn't know, he is only doing what I am doing on this site, fact finding, with some of the facts provided by peeps like you. I would never do a job, unless I was as sure as I could be, that I was doing as good or better than the pro's, and as we know, some of them are god awful. Anyway, I will continue to strive to DIY and hopefully contribute to sites like this but in the meantime you are all invited to my wake :)

Thanks

Frosty

Anyway can we get back to the problem as its bl**dy cold, I have found the expansion vessel, big red coiled thing at the back of the boiler and as I'm looking down at it from above, on the left hand side, there is a cap like a tyre valve cap but i cannot remove this, only turn it a slight ammount anti c/w or c/wise. Is it faulty or should turning it release anything (air/water)?

Thanks

Frosty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back