gloworm betacom c flashing flames or gas failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newly aquired property. Bought at auction. Central heating system/boiler have not been in use for 2 years but water was turned off and system drained down. water turned back on and system flushed through/repressurised/vented. Controls set to domestic hot water only... no CH. When hot water tap opened, the boiler fires for about 5 seconds then stops. This happens a further 2 times then the far right fault indicator LED flashes. This process happens repeatedly when the boiler is turned off..... then back on again!? The meter is new and the entire run of gas service to the boiler is on 22mm copper. No other gas appliances in the property. The fault finding guide for the appliance (offa the internet...) given that presumably gas pressure is fine n dandy suggests ionisation probe at fault!?
Any other piossible probs?
THANKS! IN ADAVNCE!!! ALL suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
We don't give DIY advice on gas/combustion issues.

The obvious advice is to get a competent reg engineer to diagnose the problems.

Tony

Thanks Tony.
When I undertook the job I stated that there would be no guarantees that the boiler would work. Especially since the property had been left vacant for over a year and there was no record of installation/commissioning checklist supplied by the vendor/auctioners. I am not gas safe but I will inform the new owners that they need to get the work dignosed and sorted by my mate... Who is gs reg'd. They will also need a l/l cert and elec cert as they intend to rent the property. Lets just hope they pay me for the work carried out re the system and recommendations re thermostatic controls. Only a wall stat fitted no trv's nor diff by-pass! Oh, and no cont earth bonding at the appliance!?
Thanks again!
BTW. do you know me, have you ever met me... do you benefit financially by taking your time to contribute your advice to this forum!?
I intend to e-mail the owners them a link to this post for their perusal. Any more grief... then I put a line thru their name in my customer list and not underneath it!

Thanks again! :D

no cont earth bonding at the appliance!?

eerrmmmm...... and?

BTW. do you know me, have you ever met me... do you benefit financially by taking your time to contribute your advice to this forum!?

No we don't, but when it comes to gas safety us professionals are more concerned with preventing people from doing/saying something stupid before making money. Occasionally we will get work from those posters local to us. But by definition, most "civilians" posting here are more interested in not getting the job done properly in the misguided belief they are saving money.

Sponsored Links
Dan... thanks very much for your comments. Very much appreciated. Its about time that something was done about the penny pinching..... "proverbials" Landlords who don't ensure that properties that they let are safe, secure and hygeinic for rent. I'm just sick and tired of carrying out basic plumbing jobs only to be told that after fitting a bath on a cylinder feed on dhw that the radiators don't work... the ridge tiles have come off the roof and the cats got worms! It was all A OK before you took the bath out!
Thankfully, I've taken on more customers who say thank-you from other recommendations.
Think I'll start ruling a line thru these folk who take the P£&s

[/i]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back