gloworm fuelsaver mk 2 60b balanced flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi had noisey boiler, and have changed the pump and by pass, boiler was still noisey, have drained down and flushed and now introduced fernox f3 quietnening down a lot in the last 3 days or so since introduced, only question i have, the boiler does not seem to cycle like it use to on the burn so to speak, (the burn will be on for a long time ) before it cuts out, but if i just turn the boiler stat down it stops the burn
if that makes sense, or do you think this will settle down when the chemicals have done the business after about a week

regards dave

Sponsored Links
Before you drained the system and introduced the cleaner, it sounds like the system was sludged, therefore, the flow around the system would be slow. In this case, the boiler would shut down sooner because the heat generated couldn't be dissipated around the system.
Now, with a new pump and hopefully a slightly cleaner system, the heat from the boiler travels around the system more freely and will stay on longer. After it has been on for a while, check to see if the rads are of equal temperature all over.

hi yes the rads are lovely and hot, the boiler stat is on position 2, i am rather hoping this will settle itself down, though the long burn on the boiler concerns me somewhat, what with the price of fuel e t c

but yes lots of hot water, and lovely hot rads

Sponsored Links
Now might be the time to have your boiler serviced. The RGI can check various aspects of your systems performance and possibly help save you some money. Remember, every 1 degree altered on your room stat equates to 10% of your gas bill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back