Gloworm Xtrafast 120 Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im having problems with a Gloworm Xtrafast 120... since last winter when the heating is on and you use hot water it cuts off fairly quickly usually mid shower! I had a few plumbers out trying to fix it changing a pressure valve but with no luck!

Hot waters fine in summer with heating off but as soon as the heatings on it just cuts out! Im going to get a plumber out again next week to try get it fixed before winter, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
I would be looking at the secondary heat exchanger for restrictions. I know there is a small amount of hot water stored, but once that is used it does sound like overheating fault. You don't mention any fault codes?

Thanks, I haven't noticed/actually looked for fault codes (it's in a dark boiler room) but I'll try have a look tomorrow - it's always been a case of topping the system up and resetting the boiler!

Sponsored Links
These models are best in a skip lol! Ring group service for fixed price repair cheaper in the long run, even DM don't like these an he's the man on GW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back