Glowworm 30cxi not repressurising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would be very grateful for some help with our boiler. Hot water and heating are not working. Red light flashing and pressure is at 0.4 bar.
Have tried to repressurise using the filling loop tap but it is not doing anything.
Engineer not able to come out for another 2 weeks.
Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Post a pic of the pipes and fittings below the boiler, you need to open two taps, but you may have to remove the plastic handles and use grips or a spanner , the handles are extremely poor

IMG_20210213_123140.jpg

I think he means lower. Below the boiler. Show the filling loop.

Sponsored Links
Sorry! Here is a better photo - I hope! We've now noticed a drip coming from the second pipe on the left (circled) when boiler is turned on. Thank you both
IMG_20210213_125841.jpg

If the valve is definitely opening the disconnector is probably siezed or there's a blockage somewhere. It will need to be replaced and / or the blockage cleared.
The other option is to have an external filling loop fitted.

Do you not have to open the other blue tap first?

Forget that, it looks like it’s open. That’s the limit of my knowledge reached, sorry!

Last edited:
@wannocks is this something I can do myself? We have cover but the engineer can't come out for a couple of weeks.

Id say unlikely, a lot of plumbers aren't confident working on these. Is your cover with BG? They're allowing some customers to get a local guy to fix and covering the cost.
If not it may be best to get a local plumber to fit an external loop.

Yes we're covered with BG. Will look into getting a local engineer, if that's covered, or failing that a local plumber. Thank you for your advice.

turn the blue knob anti-clockwise untill the correct pressure is achieved then close it again

@ianmcd thank you. Is it definitely anticlockwise? Diagram says clockwise. It moves clockwise easily (and does nothing to the pressure) but it doesn't seem to go anticlockwise?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back