Glowworm CI Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glowworm 24Ci which has been installed a little over 2 years. It has already had one integrated electro mechanical time replaced under warranty and now that one is running slow (losses about 1 hour in every 24). I have checked it for binding on the case and it just looks like the motor is running slow. Glowworm tells me the Part number for the timer is A20086 for a mechanical one and A20087 for an electronic one. Unfortunately I cannot find any info on the web regarding those numbers. It seems that suppliers use there own part numbers! I can however find several suppliers of both Mechanical and Electronic times for the current CXi Model.

So now to my questions.

1) In Your opinion Is the electronic timer better than the Electro Mechanical?

2) Does the CXi Models use the same timers?

3) If the answer to 2 is NO any Idea where I can get one from?

Thanks in advance for you help

Mark

Sponsored Links
Dont what the other lads think but i have no end of trouble with these timers

I just remove them now and install and external one on like the ACL 711

Thanks for the tip Corgiman but I was hoping for a simple replacement rather than a re-wiring job. I suspect an electonic one would be better than the electro-mechanical but I still need to know if the timers for the 24CXi are the same as those used on the 24Ci?

Mark

Sponsored Links
They are the same clocks. Electro mechanical one is easy to work but tend to have this problem of slowing down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back