Glowworm CXI fault code F7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
Just had fault code F7 appear on our boiler, after it has been making a noise for a week or so. Plumber should be coming around tomorrow, but the fault code has made me a little more concerned. Unfortunately I cant find anything on this fault code anywhere, is anybody able to help?

Its only 2 1/2 years old so not happy to have something wrong just out of warranty!!

Thanks very much for your help
Richard

Sponsored Links
Plumber has been around and says it is the pump. Can someone tell me where online is best to find out what sort of price I should be paying for this?
Thanks
Richard.

On a CXi fault code F7 is "hot water thermistor" fault, nothing to do with the pump so that may be a seperate issue. A faulty pump may be responsible for the noise thought as your plumber has suggested.

Why didn't your plumber give you a price to repair it?

Are you another customer who gets the plumber to come round to diuagnose the problem free and then you set about repairing it yourself?

I always charge a diagnostic fee so avoid customers aiming to rip off boiler engineers!

Sponsored Links
He is phoning around suppliers as he didnt know the price. I have no idea how to do this myself, I have recently been stung on my car with work being done that didnt solve the problem so I now look into other opinions more.

Andy says F7 is the thermister which costs about £20.

I dont know who is correct, but question your fellow as he may have got it wrong. Sometimes we can make a mistake here but thats rare and usually corrcted by someone else very soon.

The pump is going to be around £100 or more!

Failing pumps make a noise but termistors are silent. It may have both faults!

If you have ( had ???? ) paid him to diagnose the fault then you will expect him to get it correct and NOT to replace unnecessary parts at your cost.

Tony

We try not to give prices out on here because there are too many variables from job to job and it's especially difficult on a forum.

Only thing i'd say is that F7 won't be resolved with a new pump. A faulty pump would give you the noises you described and possibly F5 fault code (this would cut the boiler out completley and you'd need and engineer to reset it)

http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/stepone/data/downloads_sd/51/00/00/cxi-range.pdf Page 39 has a list of fault codes for your boiler.

Thanks all, he is going to replace the pump, I will ask him about the thermister when he comes around though.

Thanks very much for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back