Remeha Broag Avanta 39C Fault Code E10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on a fault with the above mentioned boiler.

The boiler was fitted just under 3 years ago, after 4 months it developed a fault (E4 code) Technician came out and replaced Ignition Transformer, all ok for about 3-4 months then it developed a shuddering noise for 1-2 seconds when starting up, we had several visits by Broag technicians who kept saying the Air/Gas mixture was incorrect, they would then adjust it, noise would re-appear after a few weeks, mixture would be adjusted again and so on..........when I questioned why the mixture kept going out of its parameters no-one would give reason, then they changed Gas regulator valve..............boiler fine for a while until colder weather and then noise has re-appeared, but fed up with complaining about it.

But tonight a new fault has occured, fault code E10 is showing and this has also tripped the electricity, attempted to reset boiler but fault is still present.

Contacted Broag tonight but we need to ring back tomorow as they say the warrany has run out, which I realise..........but surely we shouldnt have had so many faults with this boiler???

Sorry to have a long winded rant, but has anyone had any issues with this fault code (E10)?

And am I being unreasonable for expecting someone to look at it with some sort of goodwill involved?

Glen

Sponsored Links
Could be low system pressure, caused by a leak that is tripping the electrics.

Do you mean the govenor on the gas meter was replaced?

E 10 happens during the venting cycle at start up and is usually a pump issue. If its tripping the electrics it could be leak as stated earlier. It can also be caused by air in the system.
I have experienced the "shuddering" start up and this was down to the burner cone working loose. Remeha engineer sorted it under warranty and been fine ever since.
Good boiler in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
I have contacted Broag this morning and they dont seem interested, awaiting a reply about a goodwill gesture as I still dont believe this boiler should have developed 3 faults in just under 3 years?

Replying to Gas4you, it was a gas valve within boiler that was replaced, not in meter. I did have old one until about 1 month ago then I threw it away as they never took it back with them under warranty.

I dont believe there is air in sytem but, did notice that when resseting boiler the pump will not purge system and it sounds like its seized which would explain electrics tripping.

Do I wait for reply from Broag or get someone to look at it, or put a pump on it.........

All good fun........NOT!

Glen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back