Glowworm hideaway boiler about 20 years old Pilot light out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our old reliable Glow worm Hideaway balanced flue boiler has had a thermocouple and electrode and cable but I am unable to get a pilot light assembly replacement. Does any one know if they are available please? The boiler works all right but when it is timed switch off the pilot light goes out and has to be relit each day. I want to avoid the new troublesome expensive to maintain high tech boilers for as long as possible.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You need a RGI, he/she will be able to source one if it's required/available.

They are available,but you shouldnt be doing it anyway.KABOOM,dont know whether you know or not?, but gas is an explosive substance,get a gas man

So just to sum up, your boiler almost certainly has many years of service left, but does need to be serviced occasionally and may even need repairing every so often.
Get yourself a gas safe boiler engineer to service and repair it and all will be well, and not to expensive either!

Sponsored Links
Thanks to those three who advised. The boiler is serviced annually by a Gas Safe previously Corgi certificated fitter who gives me an annual certificate but I need to know where I can obtain a pilot light assembly as he seems unable to source one saying it is no longer available. I need to check. There is only a limited amount of time it is worth him spending, sourcing it. Doing the service and certificate are much more profitable for him. So I am doing the leg work which I am very happy to do. The boiler has looked after me and I am trying to look after the boiler.

Any ideas for a pilot light assembly please? He feels that is the only thing it could be now.

Thank you Tryitandsee and Kevplumb for their practical advice. I will forward details of the Boiler model and GC number to the site suggested by Tryitandsee and ask for the two items, pilot light assembly and pilot light injector as suggested by Kevplumb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back