Glowworm Micron 50ff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just moved into a new house with a 50ff fitted, when the timer kicks in the boiler starts up and all rads get hot, then when the thermostat turns it off, it wont come back on I have to turn the thing off and restart after 30mins or so, please can someone help cos I can't afford a new boiler.

Cheers Dave

Sponsored Links
Which thermostat if on blr it is possibly pcb as they are notoriously problematic if it is room stat then i suspect it may be wired up wrong

sounds like it could be o/heat problem is the left hand light staying on if so because this boiler has not got pump over-run they can lock out probably partially blocked heat exchanger try running it at a lower temp if this cures it unblock or change h/exch

It doesn't have a room thermostat and as far as i'm aware the left hand light (the reset) doesn't stay on but when it turns off, the pump stays hot and spinning until I switch it off at the switch. I have to say that the temp is turned up as high as it goes, it was set that way when we moved in and I didn't want to play around with something I know nothing about

Sponsored Links
I was refering to the boiler stat turn it to a lower temp. its not difficult as for the pump staying on sounds like your problem is a motorised valve sticking no point in going into depth on this subject as you have not got the confidence to alter simple boiler controls i suggest a heating engineer visit he should diagnose in minutes.It would be helpful if you relate the full problem in future

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back