Glowworm Spacesaver Mk2 60 BF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Pilot light is on all the time. No problem there.

When switching on the Hot Water or C/H, flames appear on the burner but I’m sure we used to hear a ‘click’ then a ‘whoosh’ as the boiler fired up proper. Not these days.

If C/H is off but HW is on, the flow and return pipes to the hot water cylinder coil do get very hot, but only slowly.

If C/H is on as well, it takes ages for some heat to get into the rads, and they're not getting 'hot' really.

There is no air in the rads and they are cooler at the bottom.

The pump is working on all three speeds, (I can feel and hear it).

It’s like there’s not enough heat is being generated inside the boiler ??

The thermostat in the boiler control box doesn’t click when I turn it (and I thought it used to?) but I tested the electrical circuit with a multimeter as per the flowchart in the boiler Manual and that checks out OK. All voltages correct at their respective places.

There are no other stats and no motorized valves anywhere else in the house. It’s just a simple gravity fed system.

Can’t think of anything else I could have a look at.

Is it the dreaded gas valve again ? It’s already had one . . . . (15 yrs ago LoL)

Time to find our local Gas safe Trusted Traders once more ?
Many Thanks if you can advise
C.

Sponsored Links
You may well have a gas problem and that would need a gas reg engineer!

We don't advise DIY gas repairs here!

Tony

Thanx Tony but wouldn't dream of doing that.

fore armed is fore warned that's all, cos sadly, nobody I know can give me a recommendation.

There are several engineers who post here who are in Notts who say they are very good!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back