glowworm swiftflow not working!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Really need some advive and help. Combi was working until just after 7pm. After running some hot water i heard a thud from the boiler and the water ran cold.

The pilot light had gone out so i relit it and turned the heating on - but nothing is happening on either heating or hot water. The lights are on and i can hear what appears to be the fan in the background but the sound is faint. I'm sure it used to be slightly louder/faster.

Is it likely to be the fan or could it be something else?????

Sponsored Links
The fans on this model run 24/7 and few people ever bother to get them serviced. So the fans get very dirty and this makes them prone to failure.

Of course I cannot guess what has failed on your boiler but as always I world recommend a competent CORGi to diagnose the problem.

Tony

would have to agree fans are prone to failure on these boilers but are still available changed one in the last month.

If the boiler was serviced every year including cleaning the fan then they would last as long as any other.

Unfortunately they pick up so much dirt running 24/7 that they become unbalanced and wear out the bearings or overheat.

Its not the fan's fault but the stingey owners who dont want to pay for a proper service.

BG dont help as they never bother to clean the fan on their "safety check" !

Tony

Sponsored Links
The fans on this model run 24/7 and few people ever bother to get them serviced. So the fans get very dirty and this makes them prone to failure.

Of course I cannot guess what has failed on your boiler but as always I world recommend a competent CORGi to diagnose the problem.

Tony

Boiler is serviced every year

Local engineer came out today and replaced the fan. Now working perfectly again.

Many thanks for your advice everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back