Glowworm Ultimate 50ff - not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is my first and would appreciate any advice or help with a problem with my boiler.

The boiler will not start at all, both HW and CH are calling for heat, but there is no spark. I can't hear the fan running or the pump, but am not sure which may or may not be dependent on the other?

If the pump is shot, would that cause everything else to not work i.e. no fan or ignition?

Many thanks,
Leon

Sponsored Links
You sure you cant hear it trying to spark?

Hi Rob,

No, it's definitely not trying to spark.

Thanks,
Leon

if ya pump int gettin power to it chance's are ya boiler isnt gettin a demand either.. ya any good with a multimeter?

Sponsored Links
if ya pump int gettin power to it chance's are ya boiler isnt gettin a demand either.. ya any good with a multimeter?

Hi there,

I should have mentioned, i've checked with a multimeter and the pump is getting power.

is it spinnin? could be that the pump is stuck and the boiler has cut off on the overheat

Isn't this the one with the 4 lights on the board?
There's a couple of fuses too iirc.
Do you have the manual?

if ya feel the pump does it feel like it is? does it feel hot? norm there's a chrome screw which ya can remove and with a flat blate screwdriver check that it is free

Isn't this the one with the 4 lights on the board?
There's a couple of fuses too iirc.
Do you have the manual?

Yes, it is the one with 4 lights on the board and i do have the manual.

if ya feel the pump does it feel like it is? does it feel hot? norm there's a chrome screw which ya can remove and with a flat blate screwdriver check that it is free

It doesn't feel like it is spinning, but it is very hot. There isn't a flat head screw, but a 10mm nut on the front of it.

At present it does not matter if pump is not working as boiler should fire up at some stage anyway. board gives power to fan /air pressure switch makes giving power back to board which then causes ignition to spark .
you have to check if fan is working or getting power

At present it does not matter if pump is not working as boiler should fire up at some stage anyway. board gives power to fan /air pressure switch makes giving power back to board which then causes ignition to spark .
you have to check if fan is working or getting power

The fan is getting power, but not working?

EH i bet it is the fan then.. If its jammed you can try freeing it with 3in 1 oil or wd40 other than that new fan req

EH i bet it is the fan then.. If its jammed you can try freeing it with 3in 1 oil or wd40 other than that new fan req

Okay, thanks.

If the fan is jammed or broken, would that prevent the pump from operating?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back