Glue and level plywood on screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a small section of floor that is screed.
small = 1400 X 340 mm.

The front of the screed is 23mm below the desired finish hight. The screed is not level and falls away evenly to a hight at the rear of 35mm below the desired finish hight.

I wonder what the best way to affix a section of 18mm exterior ply to this screed would be.

Most the products I have found come in quantities way oversized for this sort of problem.

So far as I can tell a glue would be insufficient.

It needs to be solidly stuck as it will form a section of an subfloor onto which a solid oak floor will be laid. So drying time is a factor too.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Screw batten to the front and back then fill in the middle and cover with 12mm ply. i.e cut or plane a batten down to 11mm (for the 23mm end) and similarly a batten of 20mm (for the 32mm end) and use a string line to get measurements for any bettens inbetween. Lay 12mm ply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back