Glue for Joining over flow pipe from flush tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what glue is best for this..? I thought to use super glue first then saw these items.
I assume below listed ones are specific to this joining purpose and better than using super glue..? Solvent cement or PTFE liquid is suitable for this..? Please help

Pipes that connects doesn't have any grove/thread as shown below..
upload_2022-2-5_19-58-11.png

upload_2022-2-5_19-58-54.png

PVC solvent cement shown below? OR
upload_2022-2-5_19-52-9.png

this PTFE Liquid??
upload_2022-2-5_19-55-55.png

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
This one is sorted , but now another small issue.

Since I opened overflow pipe from flush cistern while fixing the Pan connector, now that joint is leaking.

I put similar washer at both inside and outside and applied some solvent cement on both. Hope this fix it.. If it still leaks I am scr**ed!!

Any suggestions..?

upload_2022-2-7_0-51-32.png

upload_2022-2-7_0-53-23.png

You don’t put solvent cement on a rubber washer, and you would have only needed one washer on the inside. If silicone was used previously, or if there’s detritus the that will prevent it sealing correctly.

Though I did this wrong way somehow no leaks , so atleast for the time being I am saved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back