Glueing hinges to mirror door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, not sure which section this should be in, so please move if wrong.

I need to replace the door on a bathroom cabinet as the previous one fell off and smashed on the bathroom floor (dramatic!). It is simply a piece of mirror with polished edges, overlaying the cabinet sides.

A number of suppliers seem to sell hinges, like standard kitchen cupboard hinges except that they are designed to be glued to the mirror.

Can anyone advise what glue one should use for this? A 600x400 door made from 6mm mirror glass will obviously not be light so would like to be sure it's not going to come unstuck!

Also intend to put small cupboard knob in corner. Any problems with getting hole (professionally) drilled in mirror and simply attaching as for wooden cupboard door?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Mirror supplier can provide adhesive, better to glue on any handle, would have thought it simpler and as cheap to replace cabinet.
[You can get mirror hinges that clamp on.]

Thanks.

Cabinet was professionally fitted so is sealed to wall and has built in shaver point. Could replace, but not easy to find right size, etc, etc!

The mirror supplier didn't seem to know about adhesives, hence my post!

A double sided pad [like those used to stick rear view mirror to window in car] could be used on hinges.Doesn't sound like your mirror supplier knows his stuff.

Sponsored Links
Mmm... possibly. Not convinced the double-sided pads would be strong enough.

Maybe I'll check with the mirror supplier again!

Hi Tortoise, I have now exactly the same problem like you had. Glass/mirror providers seem to be completely confused and can't advise anything which works. Please share your experience of solving this! Thanks a lot!

I just found this; have the same problem. Was there a specific solution found? Someone mentioned Gorilla Glue; anyone have experience with that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back