Gluing 'pre oiled' wood. Urgent advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View media item 20667
Hello,

I've had some advice before on this unit I'm making pictured here and am looking for a little more please....

I have cut all the wood (oak ply) and drilled all the pilot holes for the dowels. The person I'm making it for now wants to danish oil the wood tonight before I assemble it tomorrow.

I'm now worrying that it will affect the performance of the wood glue. Am I right or will it be fine? I've never used danish oil so I don't know how it feels when dried. I have asked him to avoid getting into the pilot holes...

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Wood glue will not take over oil and oil will not take over excess glue.

you really have to glue and assemble first. And frankly applying danish oil is just as easy to do after assembly than before so just tell them to wait.

As i mentioned the oil won't take over set glue so be tidy and wipe any off while its wet

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back