Gmail delay send

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a feature in Gmail where you can delay the sending of an e-mail for up to 30 seconds after pressing the send button, which is a good feature if you accidentally send a mail and then realise you have sen it to the wrong recipient.
It works fine but it does not appear to work if you are using Gmail as a server to for Apple mail.
Any advice from anyone on how to get it working using Apple mail as a client to Gmail.

Sponsored Links
Can you explain more about what you mean about using it as a server?

The feature works (well) when using gmail online.

Are you using apple mail to access it via pop3 or something? (it wont work for that).

Hi Mattylad,
I have a Gmail account but I have set up Apple mail with the incoming mail server as imap.gmail.com, andOutgoing Mail Server (SMTP) as Gmail.
In this way I can use gmail rather like Outlook Express.
To be honest I prefer Outlook express to Apple mail for lots of reasons, least of which is the receipt request feature which Apple Mail does not have, but since buying a Mac the nearest I can get to Outlook Express is Apple Mail using Gmail as the server.
I hope that makes sense.
If I use Gmail directly then the 'Undo Send' (which is really just a delay send feature) works as expected, but if I try sending mail via Apple Mail with Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) set to Gmail, the 'Undo Send' Feature does not appear to work.
Thanks for your interest.

in that case this is very likely a feature that you cannot use, its part of the online web access dialogue, most likely not available via external access.
you would be better off using the Google groups to find out, the help button top right takes you to them.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mattylad,
It was rather what I thought but you have confirmed my suspicions.
Thanks again

Back