Golf ACC and Front Assist not available Message

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Golf Mk7 2013 2.0 diesel, approx. 70,000 miles

The following error message has popped up in the last few days “ACC and Front Assist not available” which is the sensor at the front which affects the cruise control and the front braking assistant ‘feature’. Done the usual off, on etc. Disable , re enable but no joy.

On the golf it sits just beneath the number plate, which incidentally appears to have a very suspicious little dent in it which aligns with the sensor, perhaps I hit something or I was clonked by someone though there is no visible damage to the sensor or any other part of the bumper etc. Anyway having removed the shroud I can see there are three adjusters, the bottom right and top left seem fine yet the top right one looks like it’s been wound completely in – see photos. Edit: Having googled the alignment procedure it seems the top right adjuster should not be used as per my car: http://www.vwgolf.org/adaptive_cruise_control-2030.html

As an aside there isn’t actually a warning error light on the dashboard, it’s just that the message pops up every half an hour or so for a couple of seconds and if you go into the car status the message shows up there, would this fail an MOT if it was spotted?

IMAG3406.jpg IMAG3409.jpg

Dent

IMAG3404.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
AFAIR, if it were a "proper" warning light, it would be a failure, but don't hold me to it.

Sponsored Links
Back