Golf!

Sponsored Links
youngen,
YOUR GOAL IS TO BREAK 100 MY YOUNG FRIEND,do that on a regular basis and your score will drop quite quickly. .

do you mean to get every shot 100 yards? :?:

no my young padawin, :LOL:

if your course is a par 72 then you need to go round in 100 or under.this is your 1st goal,once youve done that a few times it will kill you if you start going back up. :rolleyes:

1 thing i have always told my boy,try to better your last round and learn from your mistakes.AND ALWAYS GET A SCORE CARD and get used to counting ALL shots you do including any air shots you do,that way you know where you dropped a clanger or where you had a flash of brilliance ;) golf is an individual sport/game you will only cheat yourself if you forget certain shots.

if for example you want to do a bump and run,dont use a sand wedge,use a 7 or 8 iron,and use a putting stroke.things like this,try doing things differently rather then just blast the ball.
remember as its winter time now you will need to go up a couple of clubs to get the same distance,
say in summer you might be able to hit 140-150 yards say with a 5 iron you might have to go down to a 3 or 4 iron to get the same distance.also as its winter rules use these rules to your advantage.oh and get your dad to take you to the driving range on a regular basis if funds allow.
good luck and do keep me updated on how you play.
your be classed as a bandit in no time. :LOL:

Ok, challange accepted! ;) i will go out golfing on satarday! As its gets dark the minute i get home from school!!! i will post my results! :D How far does your sons drives go?? mine go just under 150 yards!! :D

er he hits a monstrous shot with his clubs.very big hitter.he is 16 6'2 and size 13 shoes and the git aint stopped growing yet,just knew i shouldnt of stood him in a grow bag when he was a nipper.
ive measured my longest drive at 284 yards,on a good day with dry conditions etc,doesnt always go that far.and his is averaging about 220.

now he has been measured hitting a sand iron 132 yards :eek: thats about my best with a pitching wedge.
his lob wedge 80 odd yards ...
and i have measured him hitting a 7 iron 170 yards.now that 1 was utterly amazing massive bounce :rolleyes: and he got it on the green.

BUT REMEMBER its not how far you hit the ball,its hitting the ball straight ;) there is an old saying,
drive for show putt for dough :D

i had a game today and went round my track in 41.done a few silly mistakes,but hey enjoyed it.

how did your game go today?

Sponsored Links
it has been rainning all weekend!! :( was away to the pantomine in aberdeen on satarday too :D was really good!!! I wont be going out tomorrow or christmas! but i am going out for sure next weekend providing the waether is good!!!! will i do 9 holes or 18??? :D

weather down here is awful aswell,the ground is saturated its got no where to go.

if it does become dry up your way,then try and do 18 if time allows that way you can set yourself a goal and try to beat the next time.

but if 9 is all you can do then do 9,at least youve had a swing of the clubs and got some fresh air.

today i did 7 holes as time could only allow 7 but in total the par would have been 27 and in total i done it in 39! not my best but still played very well considering it was my first game in 4 months! :D was you playing today?

Try playing & use 5 as the score per hole, as you play just think of your game as plus or minus 5, not only is it easy to score, you will see as you get better, you change 5 to par's.
Breaking the 100 is the big milestone.
I started late in life no natural swing.

lol i love maths so i like doing it by adding up the holes pars and my scores! :) i think i will just stick to my way of adding up the scores! :) thanks anyway! ;)

hi young en,no fraid it was back to work for me today m8ty,did mange to play 9 yesterday,few gems and a few nightmares :)
right now youve managed to get out keep the card in your bag and next time you go out do your best to beat the previous score.

also as ive already said get some range time in,no good going 4 mths between games if you havent practiced some how.that way it keeps your back muscles in shape,oh and dont forget to practice short game(chipping)and defo putting on the putting green,gota keep your eye in.

Went out again yesterday and did the full 18 for the first time ever! :) i went out in 52 and came in in 58 so i got 110 in total!! not quite what i wanted but practise makes perfect ;) might be going out again tomorrow for another full 18 as today i am of to the panto with roughcaster and granny!!!! :D

:D well done now you have a target,when you get the chance to [lay again do your best to beat it,but dont beat yourself up if dont.as now once you set yourself a goal you will no doubt cock up and play that bit worse,THIS IS CALLED PRESSURE :LOL: but most of all ENJOY PLAYING that is the main thing.

i played today only 9 and went round in 44.i need flippers at my course.

Went out last sunday and forgot to post my score i bet 110!! I got 101 in total! :) you been golfing latley!!?? ;)

Went out last sunday and forgot to post my score i bet 110!! I got 101 in total! :) you been golfing latley!!?? ;)

well done m8ty nearly there keep working at it when you get the opportunity,hard aint it.the more you concentrate the easier it is to cock up.

yep played today only done 9 went round in 44.

Sponsored Links
Back