Good cause..

I

imamartian

I don't condone unsolicited advertising, but having seen the baby P(eter) case recently, and a program on TV the other night about the mother of James Bulgar, i can't help thinking that promoting the NSPCC is a different kettle of fish.

If the mods here will allow it, can i ask that you lot log on and commit £2 of your hard and skillfully earned cash each month on helping these guys protect our children..... i have !!!

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/donate/donate_hub_wdh53240.html

thanks !!

Sponsored Links
I assumed the social workers we pay for are taking care of things like this ? no? pay again, then third world, then monkeys, then donkeys, then...

Shoestrings last six months free wages would of helped, bet if you could check people like that, do you think they contribute to stuff like nsppc?

libby lou lou said:
I assumed the social workers we pay for are taking care of things like this ?
I assumed that you pay for no such thing?

libby lou lou said:
no? pay again, then third world, then monkeys, then donkeys, then...
I suppose somebody can determine what this sentence means. Sadly it is beyond my capabilities.

libby lou lou said:
Shoestrings last six months free wages would of helped, bet if you could check people like that, do you think they contribute to stuff like nsppc?
Well there's another reason for doing f*ck all then.

Sponsored Links
Don't give to any charietythat asks.

Why?

oh yes give £2/ month

how much do you suppose the ad costs?

Mrs breezer gave once to one of those ads, they now send here begging letters a couple of times a year, who do you suppose pays for the letters and postage? the suckers who pay £2 month thats who.

If you want to give to chariety give to the smaller ones tht you will find in your neighbourhood, or find said chariety and ask what they want / need, our one want tins of dog food.
Buy buying what they want (within reason) they use it for its purpose, they cant sell it on, and it does help a good cause.

what will they do with £2 /month? advertise on TV and send begging letters

I don't condone unsolicited advertising, but having seen the baby P(eter) case recently, and a program on TV the other night about the mother of James Bulgar, i can't help thinking that promoting the NSPCC is a different kettle of fish.

If the mods here will allow it, can i ask that you lot log on and commit £2 of your hard and skillfully earned cash each month on helping these guys protect our children..... i have !!!

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/donate/donate_hub_wdh53240.html

thanks !!
I don't want to debate the effectiveness of Social Services (we'll be here for a VERY long time!) but as far as I know imamartian, the NSPCC don't actually 'protect' children. That is the job of Social Services. However, if folk wish to donate to their favourite charity I cannot see anything wrong in that.

I don't know about the rest of the country but down here we are about 30-50 mins from the nearest hospital. That's if there is an ambulance in the local area.

The air ambulance is a lifeline so I give a monthly amount to them as part of a lottery.

It annoys me when I read that the local PCT has spent 2 million in revamping all their literature to include 30 other languages but they won't give any money to the Air Ambulance.

Like Delucks I also donate food to the local Animal Sanctuary cause I like animals.

I give £ 2 a month to both Cancer research and The NSPCC as i like to feel I am helping others out.

As Breezer said though , they do phone now and then to try to get me to increase my monthly donation which does Pee me off! :evil:

A lot of these charities do have very plush offices BTW :rolleyes:

Big charities are like psycho ex's, once you show weakness they'll never leave you alone or take no as your final answer.

You're better to giving one off donations and not leaving your contact details.
:cool:

i don't know what i was expecting of this site....
i can understand you lot getting frustrated by the odd speculative phone call but what about all the banks and accident lawyers that call you as well?...
and advertising... how much in donations do you think they'd make if they didn't ever advertise?

oh and as for this......

Kids annoy me. I like dogs though.

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/[/QUOTE]

i'm an animal lover, but i would rather see all the dogs in Britain slaughtered if it would've saved baby P.

Well that is just silly. All the dogs for baby P... all the cats for Bulger... all the seagulls for baby x... all the cows for baby Y... all the...

So you would wipe out millions of innocent animals for one human... just because we have more intelligence?

Well that is just silly. All the dogs for baby P... all the cats for Bulger... all the seagulls for baby x... all the cows for baby Y... all the...

So you would wipe out millions of innocent animals for one human... just because we have more intelligence?

i didn't start this, Deluks set the precedent!!!! and if it was your child and all hedgehogs had to be dropped into a vat of hydrocloric acid.... what would you choose?

Let's get this back on track... all i suggested is that 24quid a year is not much to spend to try and make life a bit better for babies and children in this country.... if you don't agree then .. whatever! For me, charity begins at home.....

whatever! For me, charity begins at home.....

so find out how much the goverment is giving in aid to the third world then

personally i'd sooner see it being spent in england

not on some bunch that do nothing but breed like rabbits :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back