good enough flow for mixer shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just a really quick question because i'm about to either get an electric shower or mixer shower and needed a bit of expert advice.

At the bath where the new shower will be located i measured 6l/min cold and 3l/min hot.
Is this too poor for a mixer shower? Its currently a 7.8kw electric shower thats there and its average.

Its a worcester 28cdi combi, probably about 10 years old. Boiler is on the 1st floor, bathroom on the 2nd floor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
That's pretty poor. If that is coming from your bath tap then a shower would be even worse. Maybe a little better than your existing electric shower though.

This isn't really down to the boiler unless there is something very wrong with it. Either your mains pressure is really low or the pipework to your bathroom is very restrictive.

If that is the best flow you can get I'm a little bit surprised anyone fitted a combi for you. Has it always been like that? Maybe your stopcock got a little blocked or isn't fully open.

I only moved in a few months ago and the combi was already there..

the kitchen tap comes straight off the stopcock and its similar, albeit a little better as its a floor below, the same with the hot water from other outputs, so i think as a whole the pressure is probably just pretty poor.

i'm getting the bathroom redone, hence the query.
the building is about 100 years old and split into flats so the pipe-work will be pretty old, and i'm not sure if the mains water is shared with other flats anyway which probably doesn't help..

so, is the best option just replacing the electric shower with another electric one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back