Good morning all, suspension and tracking issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Citreon C4 that has a few problems causing the front off-side and rear-inside tyres to severely wear on the inside on the rear and the outside to the front.

The front left hand spring broke a few months back and had it replaced with a new one; but still from the same side I can hear a banging noise when I go over a bump.

This same noise seems to also coming from the rear of the vehichle, same side as the tyre that is wearing uneven.

When I drive the car and hit a pot hole it sounds like the front end of the car is falling off?

Added to these problems I hear a weird scraping noise when I go up or down hill from the rear wheel from the uneven wear tyre wheel. I had the rear brake shoes replaced and cannot see anything else that could be causing the noise?

When I drive the car I can smell what seems to be exhaust fumes coming into the car but cannot locate any leaks on the exhaust?

I know I should scrap it lol

But does anyone have any ideas what could be causing any of the above?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You don't say how old or what mileage the car has, but for the rear problem the axle bushes need to be checked. You wont feel any wear yourself but you may hear a twang or a groan when you go slowly over a bump.....the rear wheel may also look like it is toeing out at the bottom.
For the front, the strut top mounting should be replaced, and also the drop links that attach the strut to the anti roll bar are notorious for clonking.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I have a Citreon C4

When I drive the car I can smell what seems to be exhaust fumes coming into the car but cannot locate any leaks on the exhaust?

I know I should scrap it lol

Scrap it before it gasses you:unsure:

Back