Good turn out for Trump

I don't hate women, just don't like whingers which is what most of that rabble were. Next week there will be something else to get them moaning & ranting. It's also not just women who act in this way, you can see your typical anti establishment rent-a-mob lefties at any march. Which brings me on to another point, are there ever any right wing riots?
Yes there are. There's been many clashes of right wing rioters, think Luton, Dover and that's recent history.

So..... back to the women in America (and other countries) and Trump. So you think they're just winging. As I said earlier, perhaps go read what views Trump has on women before you judge.

Protests are good - peaceful protests especially. Some protests have changed things for the better, things like the poll-tax riots which forced Maggie out. Or the continual protests in America that ended the racial discrimination with the introduction of the Civil Rights Act and then the Voting Rights Act. What about the Suffragettes here in Britain? The Alexanderplatz Demonstration and the fall of the Berlin Wall? The Soweto Uprising and raising awareness against racial segregation?

Were all these protests done in vain? Did they listen to armchair wingers? Did they think they shouldn't protest because there were other problems in the world and they were worried people may think they were hypocrites?

So am sorry, I don't have a problem with protests. Good on these women in America. I hope that Trump listens to the women and stops taking away their rights. This is what protests are about - changing things and voicing concerns when no other way has worked.

Sponsored Links
FWIW, Transam was spot on with his post about downtrodden women across the world. In America the downtrodden women are more likely to be Mexican immigrants cleaning homes etc. . Children across the world are exploited and manipulated, yet these women yesterday didn't protests about that. They didn't protest about the denigration of women worldwide, not one protest about FGM, not one protest against forced marriages. As Transam put it they are nothing but hypocrites.
You're so not a woman.

racist, misogynistic thick.

Sounds like the main criteria qualifying anyone for membership to your favourite religion. Odd how the left ignore certain characteristics in one group of people, yet criticise the same traits in others. But then, that's the left for you; riven with hypocrisy and double standards.

Sponsored Links
Yes there are. There's been many clashes of right wing rioters, think Luton, Dover and that's recent history.

So..... back to the women in America (and other countries) and Trump. So you think they're just winging. As I said earlier, perhaps go read what views Trump has on women before you judge.

Protests are good - peaceful protests especially. Some protests have changed things for the better, things like the poll-tax riots which forced Maggie out. Or the continual protests in America that ended the racial discrimination with the introduction of the Civil Rights Act and then the Voting Rights Act. What about the Suffragettes here in Britain? The Alexanderplatz Demonstration and the fall of the Berlin Wall? The Soweto Uprising and raising awareness against racial segregation?

Were all these protests done in vain? Did they listen to armchair wingers? Did they think they shouldn't protest because there were other problems in the world and they were worried people may think they were hypocrites?

So am sorry, I don't have a problem with protests. Good on these women in America. I hope that Trump listens to the women and stops taking away their rights. This is what protests are about - changing things and voicing concerns when no other way has worked.

I would not neccsarily disagree with you on some of your points or issues , protests against the Iraq war , fox hunting , poll tax & many other issues that directly impact on UK residents

I may not agree with them but they have the right to protest

But issues that the UK have no control over were the protesters cause chaos in the streets , interfere with peoples lives over some election over the other side of the Atlantic . No thanks , take there protest to that country or go & hold it in a field some where out the way.

And what exactly were they protesting in the US about ? what womans rights have been taken away ? or is the protest about some sexist comments he made ?

And what about Mens rights , custody of children in divorce cases , the right to remain anon in sexual assault cases until proven guilty, the ability of a father to say he loves his daughter in a custody battle with out being accused or suggested that u are some type of sexual pervert or having abused your daughter .

All those protesting about womans rights in the uS or UK , how much do they really care ?? what are they doing about ? boycotting goods from those countries that have no or very little womans rights. some may be , but the majority do not really care ??? or probably know why they are there , day out with there mates ?

And what exactly were they protesting in the US about ? what womans rights have been taken away ? or is the protest about some sexist comments he made ?

May I suggest folk here go and actually read about Trump's views on women, abortions and the wish to close down Planned Parenthood centers. Planned parenthood are a low cost center that gives medical help as well as advice on sexual health and reproduction, as well as fight for women's rights. Ask yourself, why does Trump want to shut down a non-profit charity that helps women and has helped countless of women and their families for 100 years?

It's very easy to be an armchair critic of this unprecedented protest by women in America from your lovely, comfortable, male, NHS supported lives isn't it?

:)

Sounds like the main criteria qualifying anyone for membership to your favourite religion. Odd how the left ignore certain characteristics in one group of people, yet criticise the same traits in others. But then, that's the left for you; riven with hypocrisy and double standards.
sorry, what is my fav religion? Are you making stuff up again?

I may not agree with them but they have the right to protest
Exactly! Then why did you call them hypocrites?! They do have a right to protest and they have protested - much to the dismay of people here on DIY. Makes me think it's more to do with they are against their beloved Trump that the issues themselves and that's wrong.

And what about Mens rights , custody of children in divorce cases , the right to remain anon in sexual assault cases until proven guilty, the ability of a father to say he loves his daughter in a custody battle with out being accused or suggested that u are some type of sexual pervert or having abused your daughter .
I didn't realise this was a men v woman thing as well as a Trump thing. But valid points and in that case, men should protest more about it then! Fathers for Justice do well with their spiderman costume stunts to get their cause known :) Why do you blokes not do more? Is it apathy or just simply don't care?

sorry, what is my fav religion?
Islam.
Yer banging on about trump trampling on womens rights and he's just been inaugurated. And in the islamic world its a daily past time to trample on womens rights and torture them with horrific methods and you got jack schitt to say to say about it.

Islam.
Yer banging on about trump trampling on womens rights and he's just been inaugurated. And in the islamic world its a daily past time to trample on womens rights and torture them with horrific methods and you got jack schitt to say to say about it.
Don't be so stupid Roger, there's a good fella. It's Sunday, the day of rest so can you please give your stupidity a break.

I don't like any religion - you should remember that from the thread when you decided you wanted to be a Christian after all, you know the thread - where you changed your mind and lied.
And you should also know that I have voiced my concerns on here in the past about the way women are treated. I have lived in the Middle East too. What about you Roger, anything real to contribute or have you got jack schitt to say of any value? Again.

sorry, what is my fav religion? Are you making stuff up again?

You equate anyone who isn't PC (ie. brainwashed) as being racist, misogynistic and thick. Typical insults from lefties against anyone with a shred of decency and patriotism who wants to preserve their own culture. But you would never condemn islam for being openly misogynistic, anti gay, anti Christian and more than a little backwards.

You equate anyone who isn't PC (ie. brainwashed) as being racist, misogynistic and thick. But you would never condemn islam for being openly misogynistic, anti gay, anti Christian and more than a little backwards.
You're making everything up again.
Come of Woodbine, do try harder!

I have condemned Islam, the way women (and animals) are treated.
Talking of presumptions, it seems that because I disagree with some folks views on here about the right to protest, I am labelled a leftie. I also do not think that to want a world where we are tolerant to each others ways (providing nobody is hurt) is 'PC', I think it's the only way we will ever have a peaceful world. But you don't tolerance very well do you Woodbine? I doubt you'll ever understand, instead would rather keep peddling out the labels, lies, oh and the hatred with your videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly! Then why did you call them hypocrites?! They do have a right to protest and they have protested - much to the dismay of people here on DIY. Makes me think it's more to do with they are against their beloved Trump that the issues themselves and that's wrong.

I didn't realise this was a men v woman thing as well as a Trump thing. But valid points and in that case, men should protest more about it then! Fathers for Justice do well with their spiderman costume stunts to get their cause known :) Why do you blokes not do more? Is it apathy or just simply don't care?

1st of all trump has not closed any centres down afaik it is to date a comment he has made ? neither has he taken away any rights

what exactly has the election of Donald Trump got to do with the UK ? we are some how responsible for it ? how has trump damaged womans rights in the UK. Want to protest in the UK about the US to show what solidarity with woman in the US ??

No doubt amongst the protesters in the UK were politicians who probably negotiated deals with the Saudi's whilst in government or were part of a government who negotiated with such countries were human rights abuse prevails.

Hypocrits because there lives cause poverty , slavery, the exploitation of children & woman & they will do nothing to change it if it will effect there life style or there standard of living

One of the only people I have ever met who did some thing positive about the in-justice he witnessed in the 2nd WW was an fella who liberated Japanese prisoner of war camps . He was so disgusted in what he saw he never knowingly bought any thing that was made in Japan for the rest of his life he died at the age of 92 a good while back.

But hey ho wave a banner , blow a whistle shout a slogan in the UK about a US president.

1st of all trump has not closed any centres down afaik it is to date a comment he has made ? neither has he taken away any rights
Watch this space? He only became president yesterday! Hopefully he will close down nothing and listen to the American women but as he's already seen off Obamacare, we can only presume that he will do his best to keep his pledges. He has vowed to shut the centers which teach about contraception (as well as provide cheap medical care) and wants punishment for women who have abortions. It's backwards.
what exactly has the election of Donald Trump got to do with the UK ? we are some how responsible for it ? how has trump damaged womans rights in the UK. Want to protest in the UK about the US to show what solidarity with woman in the US ??
Perhaps it is about solidarity? I don't know.
I don't understand your comment about somehow the UK is responsible for Trump.
Hypocrits because there lives cause poverty , slavery, the exploitation of children & woman & they will do nothing to change it if it will effect there life style or there standard of living
But anyone in the world who buys a mobile phone or a pair of cheap jeans is contributing to the exploitation of workers. I didn't realise that the American protesters were responsible for every bad thing in the world and that it negates their rights to protest. Besides, it's not about standard of living, in the case of closing Planned Parenthood etc it's about women's rights, their bodies and their choices, as well as helping the poorer women, not about owning a posh car. I think you've got the issues mixed up.

One of the only people I have ever met who did some thing positive about the in-justice he witnessed in the 2nd WW was an fella who liberated Japanese prisoner of war camps . He was so disgusted in what he saw he never knowingly bought any thing that was made in Japan for the rest of his life he died at the age of 92 a good while back.

But hey ho wave a banner , blow a whistle shout a slogan in the UK about a US president.
People protest in different ways. While your chap had his way, others have their way. Does one have to be better than the other? I don't buy anything tested on animals as I detest animal testing, but I don't protest out on the street. That's my way but I don't have a problem with someone who wants to wave a banner outside a Johnson's factory or lobby against China with their mandatory animal testing.

Trans, thanks for a proper conversation - appreciate it and it's refreshing to swap views without all this RWR, LWR stuff :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back