Goodbye Public Health England...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And welcome to the new 'National Institute for Health Protection'...

Or rather a body modelled on Germany's Robert Koch Institute!

Of course in true UK style it won't be operational until next spring, leaving a gap for politicians to exploit and find convenient scape goats for their incompetence...

And in true tory style it will apparently be headed by 'baroness' Dido Harding...

Who just happens to have been in charge of the 'track and trace' debacle, but luckily she's married to a tory MP...

There really is no hope of getting out of the mire!

Sponsored Links
What a stupid idea, copying the Germans eh?
Yep, that's 'taking back control' alright :LOL:

But her hubby always wanted to abolish PHE and is pushing for the privatisation of the NHS...

The 'virus' is but a helping hand/excuse in achieving that goal!

1) Something must be done.
2) Is something
3) We must do 2

Now is not the time to distract the people who are trying to manage the Covid-19 response. Which is why we aren't having an inquiry into our handling of it yet. But it's the perfect time to restructure PHE and inevitably merge it with some other part of the countrys medical infrastructure.

Sponsored Links
But it's the perfect time to restructure PHE and inevitably merge it with some other part of the countrys medical infrastructure.
And leave us without a responsible/accountable health body for well over 6 months?
(that of course suits goebbels)

Talking of lack of responsibility, has anyone heard from borisconi recently?

The fact is, Public Health England has been a complete failure.

They've spent hundreds of millions on anti obesity campaigns and anti smoking campaigns, only tens of millions on tackling infectious diseases. They're also the guys behind track and trace.

Because they've been a complete and utter failure, the Government are doing something about it.

I for one applaud that.

My understanding is PHE we’re behind the linking of death certificate to Covid test to conclude Covid related death. That alone caused the U.K. to damage it’s economy for longer than is necessary. When you compare on similar models the U.K. death rate is very much in the mix.

My understanding is PHE we’re behind the linking of death certificate to Covid test to conclude Covid related death. That alone caused the U.K. to damage it’s economy for longer than is necessary. When you compare on similar models the U.K. death rate is very much in the mix.
You're thinking of the ONS. The NHSE/I stats don't use death certificates, they have other reporting methods. PHE isn't really in that loop at all.

You're also probably wrong, initial stats leading to the lockdown werent based on death certificates at all. I can't find when we started including death certificate entities into the stats but it was well after lockdown was initiated.

The fact is, Public Health England has been a complete failure.

They've spent hundreds of millions on anti obesity campaigns and anti smoking campaigns, only tens of millions on tackling infectious diseases. They're also the guys behind track and trace.

Because they've been a complete and utter failure, the Government are doing something about it.

I for one applaud that.

Set up by the previous Tory Government in 2012 to great fanfare when people pointed out its remit was spread too thin and then was blamed in the Pandemic response for responsibility and resources it did not have- looks like the perfect patsy - the more things change the more they stay the same.

https://assets.publishing.service.g..._PHE_Data_Series_COVID-19_Deaths_20200812.pdf

I'm not confusing them with the ONS - the above seems to confirm their role.
Which says they use the NHSE numbers for hospital deaths and ONS numbers for death certificates.

It also confirms my other point.

On 29 April 2019, PHE commenced daily reporting of deaths in people with
COVID-19, including people who died at any point following a positive test
because the duration and sequelae of this new and emerging disease was poorly
understood, and any other approach risked producing an underestimate of
COVID-19 deaths. PHE has since undertaken an assessment of different time
limits following the positive test result, on the mortality series which has
undergone external statistical peer review.
The stats until May were a stricter measure and are known to be under estimates. So any whining about economic damage from decisions before that date is irrelevant.

We had a sudden uptick in deaths and then a revision later. I certainly had no confidence that the data could be compared. I actually had a sneaky view that that it might have been done to avoid complacency among the public.

What Covid has shown is how fragile western capitalist economies really are by the fact they had to rely on soshalizm (sic) to bail them out.

:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back