Google Chrome

Sponsored Links
Just installed it and having a play, seems OK just need to find where everything is. Just noticed that typing in this box is strange and doesn't work when you delete letters. It all messes up.

Do I need another browser? Defo not one that doesn't work 1st time I use it!

It's not so much a browser, as a portal to google web services. Google's long term aim is that applications such as word or excel (equivalents) should be online. That said, I just spotted a bug in Chrome, just now, when you type a response into DIYNot that wraps over one line, some of the text disappears until you type another word. But that said, having a brief play around with it, it seems ok, it is said that Javascript runs over 10 times as quickly as on IE8, however I'm always very dubious of these various speed claims.

Same here with the replying problem, only happened on this site so far, time and testing will reveal more I'm sure. Not as immediately customisable as FF though.

Sponsored Links
Be wary of Google.
Did any of you download it as soon as it was released.
If so this was included in the EUL which no one ever reads.

11. Content licence from you
11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights that you already hold in Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content, you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

A very dangerous thing to agree to and one which Google were very cheeky about, by including it so far down the EUL.

Because of legalities it has now been removed from the Licence:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/03/google_chrome_eula_sucks/

If you downloaded it late on Tuesday evening, it may be worth uninstalling, because you will probably have agreed to the above, and if you still want to play around with a beta version, download it again and check the EUL before clicking I Agree.

It's a good point Dave, and one that crossed my mind after I'd posted and found a problem with it, for those reasons I uninstalled it... it was installed for about 1/2 hour purely because I wanted to see what it was like.

FF is more than good enough for me at this moment in time :cool:

Back