Google Nest 3rd Gen learning programing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Wonder if you could help. Im looking at replacing my Hive with a Nest so i can utilise Opentherm and boiler modulation. The Hive does not give it. Ive ruled out the Baxi USense as there is much too much work involved in hard wiring the thermostat to the control box. This leaves Nest.
Ive seen but not watched in full, some U Tube vids from people who find it impossible to set a simple on / off schedule for day, time and set temp. Apparently according to them the Nest starts to take over and come on and off when it wants. It leaves them frustrated.

My wife and i both work shifts, we are in and out with no particular repeating pattern either short or long term. My question is, is it possible to set a simple daily, and weekly schedule of on and off times complete with temperatures to achieve, do not want any pre warming or advanced start. so its up to set temp by the time i get home, I do not want the Nest to try and learn anything.
Any and all changes to schedules and temps etc will be made completely manually as and when required.

So, before wasting a couple of hundred pounds, can this be achieved with the Nest, can you turn off its learning functions. so it simply does as you tell it or program it to do. Do not forget, i still want the temp modulation facility for central heating.

Thanks,
John.

Sponsored Links
Then whats the point ? even with OT, you will never pay back the outlay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back