Google Nest Install - Air Source Heat Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've bought 2 google nest thermostats and I'm planning to install them myself, unfortunately I've now been told that it's not something that would be safe to do seeing as I'm not a qualified electrician!

I wanted to get an opinion on weather it would be something I could install myself or if I should hire someone? The system I have in my house is an air source heat pump, with 3 thermostats (1 doesn't do anything) and a heatmiser UFH system. I've attached photos for reference.

Thanks in advance!

20210324_134653.jpg

20210324_134712.jpg

Sponsored Links
you dont need any qualification to install nest thermostats in your own home, but they wont work with the Heatmiser system that you have already

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
you dont need any qualification to install nest thermostats in your own home, but they wont work with the Heatmiser system that you have already

Thanks for replying mate! That's ashame, but it is what it is! Do you think Hive would work? Cheers.

Only Heatmiser RF will work, if you want to use Hive or Nest or any of the others it will need a lot more work and involves removing the Heatmiser stuff, can be done just depends on how much you want to spend , if you are just looking to make the existing system internet controllable so you can control with your phone etc, this might be doable with the existing setup

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Also the ASHP will need awareness of outside and inside temperatures to operate efficiency so 3rd party controls are likely sub-optimal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back