Gout

• Thread starter Soggy_weetabix
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
soggy

had a series of diet related episodes of gout (too much fish apparently) which were absolute agony..ended up being prescribed dicloflex/diclofenac which whilst not a cure tempered the pain so that at least a bit of sleep was possible, and cut short the period of suffering!

as mentioned, diet change is the only effective measure...

soggy

had a series of diet related episodes of gout (too much fish apparently) which were absolute agony..ended up being prescribed dicloflex/diclofenac which whilst not a cure tempered the pain so that at least a bit of sleep was possible, and cut short the period of suffering!

as mentioned, diet change is the only effective measure...

Just an update... total diet change, no drink or fags and so much brown rice that uncle ben can retire.

Its almost gone, Ive had sleep, I dont need crutches to service a boiler. I make no bones about the fact it had me in tears on monday, and breaking an ankle was painful (I thought). Nothing compared to the relentness throbbing. Put your foot on the floor... cant even explain it :eek:

I personally think the constant agonising pain pushes you literally over the edge.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Gout, klattu, barada, nikto

Great words!

Just written a song all aroud the c chord on the guitar with those words in it.

It was called 'karaoeke phone line', but renamed it 'all around my gout pain'

C sustained - 7 is my pivotal point. Ill shut up. First night back on wine and fags. 2 Glasses and Im done for. Got me 'wag' shiner to look after. :mad:

Dave

you can get get drugs from your doctor,sorry cant recall the name now.
i will ask in pub tomorrow.
or if he fecks about go to private doctor.
a small improvement in diet will also work wonders.
also cod liver oil is excellent for joints,etc.yes i know it smelly and oily but we all sometimes need to get down to looking after ourselves.
good luck fella.

Ah - which of us can say that we've never got down to something a little smellier and oilier than we would have preferred... ;)

Anyway - only popped in to see if there were Breezer comments, and saw the title of this topic.

You have my sympathy Soggy - I had one attack in one big toe, lasted about a week, and FM did it hurt. That one was enough to make me change my diet - less protein, and less drinking - I don't ever want that again....

And never go on holiday without a few days supply of Diclofenac, despite the blood-pressure contra-indications.

Yes, the relief is enormous! I never thought Id be glad to have joints that I could breath on without SHOUTING.

Back to no drink, rice, 6 pints of water, almonds and above all else... no pain.
:D :D :D
Thanks for all advice guys and girls. :D

May it never return :!:

Dave

Glad to hear it's abating soggy..

Although I reckon it's one of the most painful things around, the other half was known to utter 'try childbirth' during one of my worst rants... :LOL:

Glad to hear it's abating soggy..

Although I reckon it's one of the most painful things around, the other half was known to utter 'try childbirth' during one of my worst rants... :LOL:

They have pain relief!

My ankle was broken in 2 places and needed pins after a tackle on a football pitch, and the other was broken playing roller hockey.

I now have my 4 year old skating! She can go backwards now god love her! I did start her at 2 years though, and by 10 she will skate better than I ever did!

Dave

Childbirth ,piece of cake compared to catching your todger in a zip :eek:

Sponsored Links