Government acts on housing shortage

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
...to make it worse.

"Changes to UK planning rules introduced by the ruling Conservative party last December are already causing local councils to cancel housing developments.

The reforms to the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) introduced by Michael Gove at the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities removed mandatory house building targets and reduced the amount of land supply some councils need to allocate for housing.

In an early sign of the impact, Wiltshire council in south-west England this month rescinded initial approvals that it had granted last November for three housing projects covering nearly 200 houses."

FT.com

Sponsored Links
oh well, at least the Rwanda plan is working and NHS waiting lists are down.

Sponsored Links
Deflection. They aren't the Government
but do people not vote in a general election for the policies a party say they will do . So what have labour said they will do and how will it be financed ... The people need to know to make an informed decision on who to vote for

Every government since Blair makes it worse
By letting in more people. Motorways get to saturation point where they can't take any more cars, so they build more lanes and more cars come. Build more houses and more people will come. London's population is out of control, maybe IF they build more houses, they should build them in the North, where more investment is said to be needed.

The people need to know to make an informed decision on who to vote for
If the public made an informed decision we wouldnt have had 14 years of Conservatives in power nor brexit

How can you make an informed decision:

you believe in ownership for houses for yourself, but claim its a bad thing for councils.
you didnt make an informed decision on covid vaccine -as you argue against the evidence
you are a climate change denier because you arent informed on the facts
you voted for brexit based on emotive slogans not facts and evidence
you like Trump who is a pathological liar

So you wont be making an informed decision, you will make a decision based on being gaslighted by right wing media

but do people not vote in a general election for the policies a party say they will do . So what have labour said they will do and how will it be financed ... The people need to know to make an informed decision on who to vote for

What could be "more informed" than looking at the state and/or shortage of:

- our roads
- our schools
- our GP and dental provision
- our hospital waiting lists

etc etc?

Or is it better to wait for Rishi's (or the sixth / seventh choice of "Best person to lead our party"; so easy to lose count ;) ) pronouncement of how they'll turn around that which they've been unwilling/unable to sort out previously?.......

:unsure:

If the public made an informed decision we wouldnt have had 14 years of Conservatives in power nor brexit

How can you make an informed decision:

you believe in ownership for houses for yourself, but claim its a bad thing for councils.
quote where i said that as usual you talk shyte
you didnt make an informed decision on covid vaccine -as you argue against the evidence
I made a very informed decision based on my previous health and immunity so as usual you talk shyte
you are a climate change denier because you arent informed on the facts
Another complete shyte point
you voted for brexit based on emotive slogans not facts and evidence
I voted brexit for my own reasons nothing to do with any slogans or big buses you on the other hand didnt have the intelligence and believed what you wanted to believe when YOU voted brexit
you like Trump who is a pathological liar
Show me where i have said i LIKE trump as opposed to point out the lies you tell about him whilst hero worshiping sleepy joe
So you wont be making an informed decision, you will make a decision based on being gaslighted by right wing media

So as per usual you talk complete and utter drivel

What could be "more informed" than looking at the state and/or shortage of:

- our roads
- our schools
- our GP and dental provision
- our hospital waiting lists

etc etc?

Or is it better to wait for Rishi's (or the sixth / seventh choice of "Best person to lead our party"; so easy to lose count ;) ) pronouncement of how they'll turn around that which they've been unwilling/unable to sort out previously?.......

:unsure:
agree but how has labour said they while fix them ? With PFI contracts again that has robbed schools and nhs of billions of pounds

agree but how has labour said they while fix them ?

I wouldn't; the current shower would either lie to pooh-pooh it, or nick it.

Or, just fall back on the Tory fanboy mantra; "Trust us; they'll be worse" ;)

With PFI contracts again that has robbed schools and nhs of billions of pounds

The schools and hospitals had been robbed - of necessary investment, maintenance, support, replacement funds - for decades; that is why they were in such a state to require drastic measures.

Tory "management" of the economy is always divert a chunk of maintenance and investment money to private chums; and claim they're "running a tight ship".
In reality, it's just putting off paying the piper.

Like defaulting on your mortgage for a decade, then restarting the payments and claiming to be a prudent overpayer..................

Sponsored Links
Back