Granite Overlay for Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've been talking about replacing the kitchen worktop for a while now, currently it's just wood effect laminate (38mm) that I think we got from B&Q. We like the look of granite but it's a little on the expensive side.

We've come across some places that offer a granite overlay and I had some questions.

1) Is it any good?
2) I'm struggling with the logistics of how it covers the old worktop. Currently the edge of our worktops is curved, which would end up being a sharper angle afterwards (which is fine), but I'm worried that when you look under the bottom of the worktop along the edge, you're still going to see the old worktop underneath. There isn't really any room between the bottom of the existing worktop and the top of the cupboard doors to slide a granite overlay in.
3) How expensive is it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
It will be a right angle edge, the underside is of no consequence unless you spend time lying on the floor looking up? A lot more expensive than laminate and slightly cheaper than the real thing and not recommended if you current tops are less than perfect ( flat , level and secure).Prices vary so get three quotes.make sure they include refitting sink etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back