granite walls exposed how to clean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fixing up my 120 year old home. I have removed the old interior wood and plasterboard walls and exposed the granite wall block behind with original fireplace. I want to keep the granite walls exposed but the are covered not entirely with old cement. how do I go about cleaning up the granite walls and fireplace to make them look good again what is the best method keeping costs down. I have tried a wire circular brush on a drill, it does the job but takes a long time per block. Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Gary.

Sponsored Links
Ideally, you would get someone in to ice blast it. Maybe get prices and see what it comes in like?

Ideally, you would get someone in to ice blast it. Maybe get prices and see what it comes in like?

Thanks phatboy,

Been looking for a local firm that does this but no luck so far, so thinking about going down the sand blast mode as more of this in the local area.

Sponsored Links
The results will be the same, but sand is of course very messy! :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back